Wednesday 4 May 2011

R.I.P - Mike Trevor (1938 - 2008)

Quite a sad story really, but also very touching and respectable. Mike has always owned the Cricket Club for as far back as I can remember, my Nan and Grandpa used to come here, My Grandpa used to play cricket on this field. Me and my Wife even had our wedding reception here. I did much prefer the old style score board rather than this digital one but it has progressed with technology I guess. When Mike died, they made a lovely picket fence, and cut out little cricket bats and wickets for the fence, you may be able to see this if you look closely. The nicest thing though, although a bit weird, Mike is actually buried here for all time to watch over the pub he owned and loved, watching cricket matches for all eternity, at the bottom of the frame, under those stones and where the flowers lie. A beautiful memorial to a good man, my Nan actually went to his funeral here. There is also a lovely picture and a poem on the wall, which will not be visible from here. How many people can be buried somewhere they love and spent their life rather than at a cemetery where over time they will be forgotten. This way you can be apart of your life as it was and be near all those who loved you.

www.noctography.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers